Wednesday 19 January 2011

RSS feeds


As I said in my earlier post I have used RSS feeds in various ways before. I have now subscribed to the 23Things blog RSS in my igoogle page and I think this will be a useful way to keep track of what's happening as the project progresses.
It's great that the orange symbol for RSS feeds is used all over the web, so you can see where you need to go to subscribe to any feed you come across that might be useful to you.

RSS feeds are a great example of how web 2 technologies are useful to students and researchers when they manage their own access to information, and the library web page Jen links to in the entry for RSS feeds on the 23Things blog demonstrates this - we are encouraging our library users to utilise these tools to keep up to date on published articles in their areas of interest. This in itself suggests that they are tools we, as library staff, should be aware of, and perhaps use ourselves as information workers.

No comments:

Post a Comment